You may have received the following message when trying to select your production speed:
This means your order could possibly not be completed in 24 or 48 hours. This happens when:
- Our system estimates an object’s print time will be above 8 hours, or that the complete order (the sum of all parts’ print times) will be higher than 100 hours, 1-Day Production will be greyed out.
- Our system estimates a complete order’s print time will be above 200 hours, 2-Day Production will be greyed out.
- It is the day before a holiday or a holiday weekend. For a list of all holidays observed by Voodoo Manufacturing, click here.
A few reasons your single object print time may be above 8 hours:
- Your model has a high volume
- Your model is very complex
- Your model requires a lot of support material
A few reasons your complete order print time may be above 100/200 hours if your individual pieces have a print time below 8 hours:
- There are too many items in the order
- You are requesting several copies of the same object
These are a few things you can do to reduce the print time of your order:
- Try to avoid areas that will require support material when designing your objects (see Support Material)
- You can divide your objects into smaller pieces and submit them as individual files within the same order
- Check to make sure you selected the right units of measurement since selecting the wrong ones may increase the size of your objects considerably (see Units of Measurement)
If you feel like your parts are right over the edge of the time limits, feel free to contact Voodoo Manufacturing Support (Call/text 646 854-4173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Although we cannot make any promises, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.